Third Rail Creative is a creative problem-solving agency located on historic Congress Avenue in downtown Austin. Our roots are digital, and we partner with clients to deliver purposeful advertising and marketing solutions that help them grow.
We believe big ideas come from everywhere and everyone, and collaborative culture thrives when everyone feels free to contribute.
Third Rail Creative is an equal opportunity employer that welcomes all to our team. We strongly encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply.
Our goal is to promote diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion not only within our company but in the content we produce for our clients.
Please let us know if adjustments or assistance are needed during the application or interview process. Also, please feel free to note which pronouns you use when applying.
Visit our site to learn more about our team.
Third Rail is looking for a UX Designer with 3 to 5 years of experience. This UX designer would ideally be a keen collaborator, agile problem solver, and be passionate about the betterment of digital experiences for all users. They would take a pragmatic approach to the problem, think in and outside of the box, utilize the knowledge and skills around them, but be motivated enough to self-guide when needed.
They will be responsible for conceiving and designing a broad range of digital experiences. In their role, the UX designer will advocate for the user, proposing design solutions for critical elements of the overall user experience that are clear, focused, and easy to use. They should have the ability to deliver an engaging user experience across multiple platforms on the web or mobile devices. Experience working with design systems is a plus but not a requirement.
The UX designer will report to Third Rail's Head of Design and Interactive and work closely with the Sr. Interactive Designer & the Sr. UX Designer.
- Collaborate with Third Rail's Head of Design and Interactive, Senior UI & UX Designers, UI Designers, UX Strategist, Developers, and other peers to define and implement innovative solutions for the project direction and experience
- Create with purpose - Have a reason and rationale for the decisions you make throughout the creative process to empower you to present your ideas and sell your solutions to various peers and stakeholders
- Stay up to date with current UX methodologies, frameworks, and tools
- Support the design of intuitive and functional experiences for a wide variety of projects
- Analyze and identify pain points from the users' perspective, based on your user research
- Determine the information architecture of a digital product
- Produce user flows and wireframes
- Select the most promising idea(s) based on their feasibility, desirability, and viability, among other criteria
- Prototype designs, which can range from simple paper sketches to high-fidelity and interactive digital mock-ups
- Portfolio of work (Required) and Bachelor's degree or higher, ideally in a related field (not required)
- 3-5 years of design experience working as a UX designer
- Proficient in Adobe XD and Sketch
- An understanding of development technology is a plus (we will not require you to code)
- Up-to-date with the latest UX methodologies, frameworks, and tools
- Ability to present your designs and sell your solutions to various peers and stakeholders
- Successfully problem solve when faced with complex design roadblocks
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work well with tight deadlines in a collaborative team environment
- Able to take projects from start to finish with minimal supervision
Third Rail Creative Benefits:
- Beautiful, historic office space on Congress Ave
- Monthly and quarterly office outings
- Agency-sponsored volunteer opportunities
- Safe, supportive, and inclusive office environment
- Flexible paid vacation/sick leave
- Private health, dental, and vision insurance, and a 401K plan
- Monthly parking stipend for downtown parking
- This position can be in person or remote
Third Rail Creative is currently working remotely. We plan on being back in our downtown office when it's safe for everyone. Accommodations can be made, on a case-by-case basis, for those who need to remain at home.
To apply, email your resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note the role and where you found the job description in the subject line.