About Third Rail Creative
Third Rail Creative is a full-service creative agency located on historic Congress Avenue in downtown Austin, Texas with strengths in digital marketing and strategic planning. With a client roster that has included national brands like Charles Schwab and Intuit, we are uniquely positioned to create compelling, creative digital work like no other agency.
Our culture is one built upon creativity and innovation, where big ideas come from any team member—strategists, directors, planners, managers, coordinators, developers. Come share your talent in an ego-free zone where the best ideas grow stronger.
Third Rail Creative is an equal opportunity employer that considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We strive to promote diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion not only within our company but in the content we produce for our clients. In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (for example, she/her, he/him, they/them, etc.).
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if assistance is needed during the application and interview process.
The Sr. Copywriter position requires a proven skillset in concepting and writing for campaigns that are strategically focused and innovative. The Sr. Copywriter should guide the creative process, oversee jobs from concept to completion, and manage projects to ensure deadlines and budgets are met.
This position requires knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within an advertising agency. This includes collaborating with the team on concepting, creating copywriting for all projects (including advertising, direct mail, interactive, social, etc.), and ensuring voice is on-target, effective, emotional, and memorable.
Experience writing about finance, fintech, investing, trading, and other related topics strongly preferred.
- Collaborating with other creative partners and account service team members to review and refine the creative approach
- Grasping a client’s business objectives, brand guidelines, and target audience to inform strong campaign executions
- Researching, concepting, and developing big ideas in advertising, social media, online content, and digital experiences
- Proofreading and ensuring all copy is functional, readable, and conforms to the client’s brand standards
- Act as our client’s brand guardian, ensuring consistency of messaging and tone
- Direct and manage freelance writers, designers, and other vendor relationships
- Work well in a team environment, working closely with all cross-functional team members
- Actively pursue continuous learning, development, and research on the topics relevant to your focus area, the agency, and the clients we serve
- Lead in presenting and supporting our work and in identifying brand opportunities and resolving brand challenges
- Presenting your work both internally and externally with clients, demonstrating a clear vision of how the work addresses the client challenge
- Fostering a culture of personal accountability, humility, mutual respect, open communication, and a shared passion for the work
- 5-8 of experience in creative writing in an advertising agency
- Experience developing strong headlines, writing short and long copy, as well as collaboration on strategic documents
- Previous agency experience, or partnering with agencies is required
- Excellent conceptual abilities
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to manage and prioritize work effectively
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Advertising, Journalism, English, Communications or a related field
- Willingness to jump in and provide assistance outside of job description as required to achieve team success
- A positive, enthusiastic attitude is essential
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively under pressure
- Requires leadership, initiative, integrity, and self-motivation
Third Rail Creative Benefits:
- Beautiful, historic office space on Congress Ave. in downtown Austin, Texas
- Monthly and quarterly office outings
- Volunteer opportunities
- Safe, supportive, and inclusive office environment
- Flexible paid vacation/sick leave
- Private health, dental, and vision insurance, and a 401K plan
- Paid parental leave plan
- Pet-friendly office
- Monthly parking stipend for downtown parking
Third Rail Creative is working remotely during the pandemic. We plan on being back in our downtown office when it's safe for everyone. We prefer applicants who are currently in Austin but are willing to work with remote applicants.
To apply, email your resume to email@example.com.