Sr. Art Director
Third Rail Creative is a creative problem-solving agency located on historic Congress Avenue in downtown Austin. Our roots are digital, and we partner with clients to deliver purposeful advertising and marketing solutions that help them grow. We believe big ideas come from everywhere and everyone, and collaborative culture thrives when everyone feels free to contribute.
Third Rail Creative is an equal opportunity employer that welcomes all to our team. We strongly encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. It is our goal to promote diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion not only within our company but in the content we produce for our clients.
Please let us know if adjustments or assistance is needed during the application or interview process. Also, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (for example, she/her, he/him, they/them, etc).
Visit our site to learn more about our team.
The Sr. Art Director position requires a proven skillset in leading a team of creatives on all things visual and brand-focused for our clients. Designing collateral for campaigns and marketing plans, within established brand guidelines, that are strategically focused and purposeful.
The projects will focus on clients from gaming to healthcare, to the financial services industry, although a well-rounded creative background is required. Responsibilities include collaborating with other creative partners and account service team members to review and refine the creative approach within predetermined deadlines. This position requires knowledge of commonly used practices and procedures within an advertising agency, as well as a keen knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite. We are a small agency of around 30 people so this position will require you to wear many hats. From leading creative on a branding project to directing small-scale video productions.
The ideal candidate should have 5+ years of ad agency experience.
- Collaborate with the Associate Creative Director and other peers to define and implement innovative solutions for the project direction, visuals, and experience
- Collaborating with other creative partners and account service team members to review and refine the creative approach and contribute to the conceptual and visual development of various projects
- Grasping a client’s business objectives, brand guidelines, and target audience to inform strong campaign executions
- Fostering a culture of personal accountability, humility, mutual respect, open communication, and a shared passion for the work
- Create stories and build brands through campaign-level thinking and execution
- Working with content strategist to help lead branding projects
- Mentoring Jr. designers and art directors
- 5+ years of experience ideating, conceptualizing, and designing ideally in an agency environment
- Experience working with financial, healthcare, or gaming clients preferred, but not required
- Portfolio of work (Required) and Bachelor's degree or higher, ideally in a related field (not required)
- If working remotely, reliable and consistent WFH setup and equipment
- Formal Art Direction or Design training and an engaging portfolio
- Interest in cultivating strong leadership skills
- Is self-motivated with a positive attitude and strong communication skills
- Able to be flexible in a small agency environment
- Exceptional communication skills (written, verbal, and listening)
- Team-oriented and collaborative
- Flexible and adaptive to change
- Proactive and confident
- Creative problem-solving and critical thinking
- Multitasking and an ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- High attention to detail and organization
- Cool under pressure and asks for help when needed
- Passion for high-quality work
Third Rail Creative Benefits:
- Beautiful, historic office space on Congress Ave for local applicants
- Monthly and quarterly office outings/virtual events
- Safe, supportive, and inclusive office environment
- Flexible work/life/play balance
- Reimbursement for select expenses
Third Rail Creative is currently working remotely. We plan on being back in our downtown office on a modified hybrid approach when it's safe for everyone. Accommodations can be made, on a case-by-case basis, for those who need to remain at home.
To apply, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your interest!