Third Rail Creative is a creative problem-solving agency located on historic Congress Avenue in downtown Austin. Our roots are digital, and we partner with clients to deliver purposeful advertising and marketing solutions that help them grow.
We believe big ideas come from everywhere and everyone, and collaborative culture thrives when everyone feels free to contribute.
Third Rail Creative is an equal opportunity employer that welcomes all to our team. We strongly encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply.
Our goal is to promote diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion not only within our company but in the content we produce for our clients.
Please let us know if adjustments or assistance are needed during the application or interview process. Also, please feel free to note which pronouns you use when applying.
Visit our site to learn more about our team.
Third Rail is looking for a highly creative junior-level, Front-End Developer with real-world experience creating user interfaces. This developer would ideally be a keen collaborator, agile problem solver, and be passionate about the betterment of digital experiences for all users.
The person in this role would take a pragmatic approach to the problem, think in and outside of the box, utilize the knowledge and skills around them, and be willing to learn and adapt. They will strive for precision and ensure no pixel is out of place. This person should have a proven history of web application development.
The Jr. Developer will report to the Head of Design & Interactive and work closely with our Lead Developer.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Develop responsive, well-tested, accessible apps and user interfaces
- Perform website maintenance, CMS, and content updates
- Write clean, concise, and standards-compliant code
- Test interfaces for accessibility, browser support, speed, and optimization
- Collaborate with Third Rail's Developers, UI Designers, UX Strategists, and other peers
- to implement innovative solutions for the project direction and experience
- Stay up to date with current front end techniques, frameworks, and tools
- Portfolio of work (required) and Bachelor's degree or higher, ideally in a related field (not required)
- 2-4 years of experience working as a developer
- Knowledge of code management and build systems such as Grunt/Webpack and git
- Comfortable working in CMS platforms such as WordPress, Craft, and Ghost
- Experience with React, React Native, and Vue is a plus
- Successfully problem solve when faced with complex challenges
- Willing to learn from your peers and ask questions
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work well with tight deadlines in a collaborative team environment
Third Rail Creative Benefits:
- This position can be in person, fully remote, or hybrid
- Flexible paid vacation/sick leave
- Private health, dental, and vision insurance, and a 401K plan
- Monthly parking stipend for downtown parking
- Monthly and quarterly office outings
- Agency-sponsored volunteer opportunities
- Safe, supportive, and inclusive office environment
- Beautiful, historic office space on Congress Ave
Third Rail Creative is currently working remotely. We plan on being back in our downtown office when it's safe for everyone. Accommodations can be made, on a case-by-case basis, for those who need to remain at home.
To apply, email your resume to email@example.com. Please note the role 'Front-End Developer' in the subject line. Thank you for your interest!