Third Rail Creative is a creative problem-solving agency located on historic Congress Avenue in downtown Austin. Our roots are digital, and we partner with clients to deliver purposeful advertising and marketing solutions that help them grow.
We believe big ideas come from everywhere and everyone, and collaborative culture thrives when everyone feels free to contribute.
Third Rail Creative is an equal opportunity employer that welcomes all to our team. We strongly encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply.
Our goal is to promote diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion not only within our company but in the content we produce for our clients.
Please let us know if adjustments or assistance are needed during the application or interview process. Also, please feel free to note which pronouns you use when applying.
Visit our site to learn more about our team.
Third Rail Creative is seeking a detail-oriented and technically proficient Production Designer with 1 to 3 years of experience. You must be highly organized and comfortable managing multiple deadlines in a sometimes fast-paced environment.
The Production Designer will report to the Head of Design & Interactive and work closely with our Sr. Production Designer.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Collaborate with Third Rail's Designers, Art Directors, Developers, and other peers to produce final, print- and web-ready deliverables that meet all technical requirements while maintaining creative and brand integrity
- Build Print-ready files and assets for digital releases
- Build design assets for emails, banners, landing pages, etc.
- Sometimes build presentation decks, including product mock-ups for client review.
- Update existing landing/web pages with new content
- Organize and archive design work
- Assist the Design team whenever needed
- Follow guidelines and directions accurately
- Review all art files for accuracy
- Portfolio of work (Required) and Bachelor's degree or higher, ideally in a related field (not required)
- 1-3 or more years in a Production Design or similar role
- Proficient in Adobe XD, Sketch, Indesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop
- Complete understanding of the design to print process
- Thorough knowledge of design to development hand-off process
- Passionate about Production Design and the role it plays in a creative team's success
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Successfully problem solve when faced with complex design roadblocks
- Strong time-management skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work well with tight deadlines in a collaborative team environment
- Able to take projects from start to finish with minimal supervision when needed
Third Rail Creative Benefits:
- This position can be in person, fully remote, or hybrid
- Flexible paid vacation/sick leave
- Private health, dental, and vision insurance, and a 401K plan
- Monthly parking stipend for downtown parking
- Monthly and quarterly office outings
- Agency-sponsored volunteer opportunities
- Safe, supportive, and inclusive office environment
- Beautiful, historic office space on Congress Ave
Third Rail Creative is currently working remotely. We plan on being back in our downtown office when it's safe for everyone. Accommodations can be made, on a case-by-case basis, for those who need to remain at home.
To apply, email your resume to email@example.com. Please note the role 'Production Designer' in the subject line. Thank you for your interest!