Third Rail Creative is a creative problem-solving agency located on historic Congress Avenue in downtown Austin. Our roots are digital, and we partner with clients to deliver purposeful advertising and marketing solutions that help them grow.
We believe big ideas come from everywhere and everyone, and collaborative culture thrives when everyone feels free to contribute.
Third Rail Creative is an equal opportunity employer that welcomes all to our team. We strongly encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply.
Our goal is to promote diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion not only within our company but in the content we produce for our clients.
Please let us know if adjustments or assistance are needed during the application or interview process. Also, please feel free to note which pronouns you use when applying.
Visit our site to learn more about our team.
Position Summary for UX/UI Designer
Third Rail is looking for a mid-level UX/UI Designer with 3 to 6 years of experience. This UX/UI Designer would ideally be a keen collaborator, agile problem solver, and be passionate about the betterment of digital experiences for all users. They would take a pragmatic approach to the problem, think in and outside of the box, utilize the knowledge and skills around them, and be motivated enough to self-guide when needed.
They would be responsible for conceptualizing, creating, iterating, improving, and maintaining visually appealing, user-friendly websites, apps, and other interactive projects. The UX/UI Designer should have the ability to deliver an engaging user experience across multiple platforms on the web or on mobile devices.
In this role, the UX/UI Designer will advocate for the user, proposing design solutions for critical elements of the overall user experience that are clear, focused, and easy to use.
The UX/UI Designer will report to Third Rail's Head of Design & Interactive.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Collaborate with Third Rail's Head of Design & Interactive, Interactive Designers, UX Designers, Developers, and other peers to define and implement innovative and visually stunning solutions for each project
- Support the design of crisp, intuitive, and functional user interfaces/experiences for a wide variety of projects
- Create with purpose - Have a reason and rationale for the decisions you make throughout the creative process to empower you to present your designs and sell your solutions to various peers and stakeholders
- Create or enhance components that are part of a much larger ecosystem and be agile enough to deal with the challenges that may present themselves in the process
- Must be able to apply style guides creatively while upholding brand identity
- At times, mentor other designers (Jr. staff, freelance, interns, etc.)
- Seek out new products, standards, and trends to enhance Third Rail's capabilities
- Portfolio of work (required) and Bachelor's degree or higher, ideally in a related field (not required)
- 3-6 years of design experience working as a UI/Interactive Designer
- Experience or an active interest in UX methodologies (not required)
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite and Sketch
- An understanding of dev capabilities is a plus (we will not require you to code)
- Up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies
- Good visual design skills with a focus on user-centered design
- Ability to present your designs and sell your solutions to various peers and stakeholders
- Possess strong conceptual skills, a high-level sense of design, layout, and typography, and be a broad thinker who can offer a variety of design solutions
- Successfully problem solve when faced with complex design roadblocks
- Strong creative, organizational, problem-solving, and time-management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work well with tight deadlines in a collaborative team environment
- Able to take projects from start to finish with minimal supervision
Third Rail Creative Benefits:
- This position can be in person, fully remote, or hybrid
- Flexible paid vacation/sick leave
- Private health, dental, vision insurance, and a 401K plan
- Monthly parking stipend for downtown parking
- Monthly and quarterly office outings (currently virtual)
- Agency-sponsored volunteer opportunities
- Safe, supportive, and inclusive office environment
- Beautiful, historic office space on Congress Ave
Third Rail Creative is currently working remotely. We plan on being back in our downtown office when it's safe for everyone. Accommodations can be made, on a case-by-case basis, for those who need to remain at home.
To apply, email your resume to email@example.com. Please note the role 'UX/UI Designer' in the subject line. Thank you for your interest!